PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.15.2012

Pepperoni Rollups...a new family favorite!

I found a great recipe a few weeks ago and tonight I finally gave it a try!  It was a HUGE success and I thought I would share (if you are like me, and one of the FEW people in the world that haven't made Pepperoni Rollups before ;)

I found this recipe at one of my newest favorite blogs, What About Pie.  I love the simplicity of it, and my kids loved dipping these yummy roll ups in our favorite homemade pizza sauce (oh yeah...I have that recipe too! ;)



All you need for this yummy meal is some frozen loaves of bread, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella, shredded parmesan, and Italian Seasoning.
 


First up, you need to spray a cookie sheet and lay out your loaves of bread to thaw.  I had mine out for  a little over 4 hours and they were just right when I was ready to start rolling them out.

Roll your dough into a square shape, and lightly brush with olive oil.  Then just place a layer of pepperoni all over your dough.



Once you have your pepperoni down then sprinkle your mozzarella, then parmesan cheese.  Finally lightly sprinkle your Italian Seasoning over the top.



Then roll this bad boy up and stick in your oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes!


Half-way through baking I brushed the top of the loaves with butter so it would come out with this beautiful golden brown top.  Once your rollups are done baking, make sure you let them cool completely before slicing into them.  They need to have time to set up fully...try to control yourself if you can ;)

My kids love anything they can dip, so I knew I wanted a great pizza sauce to go with these.  This is our families favorite pizza sauce that I got from my sister-in-law Jen...try it...its amazing!!

Best Ever Pizza Sauce

2 10 oz cans of tomato paste
1/2 C water
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.


Once everything is cooled and ready to go, slice up your pepperoni roll ups and spoon out some Best Ever Pizza Sauce...and enjoy!!

Linking up HERE :)

2 comments:

The Allen Family

YUM! My boys will go crazy for this! I actually make something similar - a ham and cheese roll up that they love. Can't believe I never thought to use these ingredients. I'll definitely be making this once I can stand to keep my oven for long enough. ;) Thanks!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

Haha Well I also am one of the few people in the world who hasn't made a pepperoni roll up. I always see the recipe and think it looks great and then forgets about it but alas now we have Pinterest to solve that problem. Pinning now:)