PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.29.2011

Family Motto 2012

I LOVE the start of a new year! A fresh beginning, a chance to be better in some things, and let some things go.

Paul and I decided this year we wanted to choose a family motto that would help us as we strive to grow closer as a family, and have a better spirit in our home. As I was thinking about what our family really needed, a tune kept coming into my head. I mentioned it to Paul and he thought it was perfect for the Johnson Family Motto of 2012!




Love is spoken here!
As we talked about how we want our home to be, I thought about how home should be a safe place, a place where no matter how harsh the world is, you can always go and feel loved and special.
In an effort to make that more of a reality for us I made this printable and quickly painted this old wood frame to display on our mantle all year long!
I love how it turned out, but mostly I love the wonderful reminder that it is for me. Honestly...right after I put it up my kids starting fighting upstairs over which characters they were from Backyardigans (does anyone elses kids do this?!) and I was about to yell up at them to knock it off (not so nicely :) One look at my sign reminded me that our home NEEDS to have that spirit of kindness, patience, charity and LOVE.
So tell me...do you choose a family theme at your house? If so, what is it?! I would love to hear what is working for you in your home and your great ideas! Thanks for checking us out today and enjoy this New Year's with the people you love the most!
Linking up at

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

Awww...that is a wonderful idea and wonderul motto. May need to steal it for me & my hubby...I could express a little bit more patience..LOL

Jill

I just came across this and LOVE it. Would you mind sharing what fonts you used?