PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.16.2013

Baked Potato Soup

 I don't know about where you all live....but here it has been COLD!!!  Like, crazy cold!  The well-below freezing temps had made for some perfect soup nights, and I thought I would share my favorite soup recipe with you tonight.

Baked Potato Soup!


I have been making this recipe for so long I don't even remember where I got it from :)  I love it because its cheap to make, everyone enjoys it, and I have most of the ingredients in my food storage (besides the potatoes ;)  Its quick and simple, and sure to satisfy your whole family!  Oh, one note, I ALWAYS double this recipe!  We always end up with leftovers, but if I don't we don't have enough for all 6 of us :)

Here's what you need:

¼ c. butter 
¼ c. chopped onion 
¼ c. flour 
14 oz can chicken broth 
1 can evaporated milk
3 large baked potatoes
Salt and pepper 
Grated cheese 
Green onion 
Sour Cream
 

Before I get started, I just poke my potatoes with a fork a few times and put in the microwave to bake.  By the time all the other steps are done the potatoes are cooked and cooled enough to go!

Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and sauté until tender. Stir in flour, and then add broth and milk. Scoop pulp from one potato and mash; add to soup. Bring to boil and then add the rest of the potatoes (scoop the pulp and cut into cubes).
 
Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions...then ENJOY!!!
 
With homemade rolls fresh out of the oven, this is the ultimate comfort meal!  If you try it out let me know how you like it!!



8 comments:

Jodi

Sounds delicious for sure. Its been cold and dreary here.

The Beauty and Lifestyle Hunter

This looks so yummy, I'll definitely try that when winter arrives in Australia!!

Thanks for hosting the blog hop. Im now following your blog, hope you will check out mine too!
http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

Unknown

I have been craving soup EVERY DAY with this cold weather. Definitely going to give this recipe a try! It looks delicious!

Tammy

This looks good! I've never tried potato soup before!
Thank you for hosting the blog hop.
I'm your newest follower!
TaLou @ http://www.talesofacanadiancoffeeholic.ca/

Unknown

This sounds delicious! Looks like I have a lunch planned for this weekend. Thanks for hosting the blog hop.
I'm your newest follower :-)
Jen @ http://throughmycreativemind.blogspot.com

Unknown

Baked potato soup is delicious any time of the year. There are so many ways to make it and they are all wonderful!

Thrifty Crafty Girl

This looks amazing! My husband loves recipes like this, I'll have to give it a try.

I'm a new follower from the blog hop!

Unknown

Following from the blog hop. Soup sounds yummy. It hasn't been below freezing here in GA, but it's cold and rainy, good soup weather. cheermamadrama.blogspot.com