PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.30.2012

My Half-Marathon Attempt...Take Two!

Hello, hello!

We had a crazy week last week...and this was how I ended it, running my 2nd half-marathon.

I had SUCH an amazing time!  The course was stunning, running down American Fork Canyon, through a golf course, and finally past the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.  It was cool and breezy, I had awesome music pumping through my headphones and surprisingly...I felt STRONG.

I say surprisingly because I literally had done one long run since my last half...3 months ago!  Even though I didn't really train, I shaved 8 minutes off my time and set a new personal best.  I am still slow...but as long as I am progressing with each race I am happy :)

 
I am so happy I did another race...after my last one I was content to have crossed it off my bucket list and never do one again ;)  I never thought I would say it...but I actually had fun running :)  And NOTHING beats that feeling of accomplishment when you see your little family at the finish line cheering you on, knowing you pushed yourself farther than you thought you could.


So that's what I was doing last week :)

Now that my race has passed, I feel like I can focus on some projects I have been wanting to do before school starts.  Make sure you keep coming back to see all the fun we are going to have...and THANK YOU so much for visiting Blue Skies Ahead!!

11 comments:

Mickie and Matt

Whenever I read about my friends doing long races I get SO jealous. I want to run SO BAD! I got big into Triathlons just before I got pregnant with #2. Right after #2 I pushed myself so hard so quick that I injured myself and couldn't run for 2 months, THEN I almost signed up for a 1/2 days before we were surprised with pregnancy #3. Lucky thing I didn't! That would have been money down the drain.

I think UGH why do I have to be pregnant all the time ruining my plans!!! Then I remember A) I am one lucky duck who is healthy enough to be pregnant and have healthy babies and B) there is a time a season for everything, right now I am in production mode and really not much is happening for me, but in a few short years all the production will be over and i'll be ready to focus more on my fitness goals so I need to enjoy the time i have right now instead of wishing my life were different.
I really am blessed with where I am right now. I need to look at the parting blue skies, not stare at the rain clouds on my running parade.

Anyways, thanks for letting me share my epiphany with you. I am sure you know just what I am talking about. :)

Oh and congrats on 1/2 #2! You are AWESOME!

Debra Hawkins

You are incredible! What an accomplishment!

KC Coake

Congrats on finishing your 2nd half marathon! That is fantastic and that you shaved time and felt great...what more could you ask for. Way to go!

Unknown

You go girl! You are so inspiring and amazing!!

The Allen Family

Congrats!! That is awesome! And one thing I just don't think I'll ever be motivated to do... :)

Unknown

Wow! That is fantastic! Congratulations!

[Stacia]

Go you! I'm doing my 2nd half in a few months. But I had two years and a baby in between mine and no long runs. :) All things considered, I don't expect to do too well. :)

The Harding Family

Tonii, YOU GO GIRL!!!! I am also kind of jealous.. Next time you do a race lets do it TOGETHER.. short or long, I need to start crossing some things off my bucket list!! (things other than having babies, haha.. sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem)

Michelle Paige

Congrats to you! You look so adorably cute in your pictures...I can't believe you really ran the race! I would have been a complete mess!

Cara :)

Great job Tonii!!! I am so proud of you!! :) You look so happy in this picture!!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

High five Tonii!!