PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.09.2012

Lil' Ladybug Treats!

 We made a really fun treat to go along with one of our favorite books today.  I love anything from Eric Carle and I knew The Grouchy Ladybug would be a must for insect week.  What else could we do but make some cute, tasty Lil' Ladybug Treats of our own? :)



I saw this idea years ago in the Family Fun magazine and instantly fell in love!  Not only are these little guys super cute, but they are a great after school snack as well :)

To get started you take some strawberries and hull out the center.  I just used my potato peeler, and then I sliced them in half.


Once you have your strawberries ready to go you take a bunch of grapes, cut them in half, and using toothpicks stick them into your strawberries to make the ladybugs' heads.


Then I let my kids get in on the fun and squish mini-chocolate chips into the strawberries for the ladybugs spots.  This is also a great way to work on basic math skills like counting...the kids love counting how many spots each ladybug has (right before they eat them :)



After our ladybugs were ready to go, we snuggled up on the couch with a great book and a yummy snack...is there anything better in life?! ;)





I hope you liked our ladybug treats...they were certainly a big hit at our house :)  



Make sure you keep coming back!  The rest of the week we are focusing on OUR personal favorite insect...Butterflies!!  Well...that may not be Britton's fave..but he humors us girls ;)  

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

5 comments:

Adelina Priddis

these are adorable!

Lindsay

I really love this cute snack idea! Thanks for sharing, my super creative friend!

Little City Farm

How could these not be a hit,..they are so freaking adorable. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Little City Farm

How could these not be a hit,..they are so freaking adorable. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Anonymous

This adorable post is featured on www.facebook.com/theworldofericcarle :-)