PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.17.2011

Cutting the Chaos...the simplest chore chart around!

I have been on the hunt for the perfect "chore chart" for my daughter Skylar for quite some time now. I had lots of specifications: must be easy enough for a 5 year old to use, needs to look cute :), and needs to be CHEAP! Also, I didn't want something that would overwhelm her, just something that would help her remember the daily things she needs to do as they become habits. Almost more of a reminder chart than a chore chart. Well needless to say I was having a difficult time finding just what I wanted so I came up with my own spin :)
I made this sheet using my digital scrapbooking program. It took me all of about 5 minutes and matches my girls bathroom perfectly!


Then I framed it in an old white frame I had sitting around in my basement and put a dry erase marker in the unused toothbrush holder next to it.

This is a picture of the chart up in their bathroom...I was excited that it is not only totally functional, but looks really cute in their bathroom too!



Skylar loves running up and putting a smiley face next to each item as she completes it and every night I just wipe the dry erase marker off the glass and we are ready for the next day!

I would love to know what kind of chore charts you use and how you motivate your kids to help around the house...:) Have a great day everyone, and happy St. Patricks Day!!








3 comments:

Elder Braden Spence

Whenever I see your cute crafty posts I think you should look at craftgossip.com and share your ideas there too! I share you blog with my older sister all the time who is always looking for fun little things to do with her kids. I think she made your cinnamon rolls for breakfast for her kids this morning :)

Mickie and Matt

Whoops that was me, I was logged in under my B.I.L's mission blog haha...

Nissen Family

What a great idea! I love how you turned a picture frame into a dry-erase board! Very creative :')