PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.14.2011

I'm feeling the love!

Well another Valentines Day has come and gone! I am completely exhausted, but in a good way. It was a memorable day full of love and fun, and the kids went to bed saying "This is the best Valentine's Day ever!!" Music to my ears :) I am so lucky to have kids that enjoy all the little things we do, and really appreciate any effort to make the day more special. The especially love waking up and the morning and coming down to see our traditional table set up. We have done the same thing for the last 4 years, and I think we'll stick with it for a few years to come. For breakfast we always have Strawberry heart-shaped muffins, pink scrambled eggs, strawberries and pink milk.


My camera conked out about halfway through the morning so you'll have to excuse my lack of good pictures :) This next one is the supplies we needed to do the girls favorite activity of the day. It was SO easy and I couldn't believe how much they loved it! I simply went to the party section at Walmart and picked up a package of dress up rings for $1.00. Then I popped out the middle that has the "gems" and let the girls pick out coversation hearts to glue onto the rings. They LOVED them and I thought they actually turned out pretty cute!









The rest of the day was filled with decorating and delivering sugar cookies, pink hot chocolate with heart-shaped marshmallows, a great family home evening on using kind words and 3 visits from the Valentine's Man himself! :) He brought the kids some fun little toys and new pj's. I loved when the Valentine's Man would come visit when I was little and its so fun to pass that tradition on my my little ones.
Paul and I decided we will be celebrating a romantic Valentines Evening another night, right now we are just having too much fun enjoying our children and making it a family affair! I hope you all had a fantastic Valentines and got to share it with the people you love most!



1 comments:

Kim Milius

I'd love to hear more about your Valentines Man tradition . . . never heard that one before. More details?

By the way, we used your family home evening idea & it was a hit with the kids! Thanks so much!