PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.30.2011

New Years Eve Balls!

We are getting SO excited for New Years Eve at the Johnson home!! We are doing something very special earlier in the day, but I'll get into that next week :) Later we plan to party hard to ring in the new year...with our little ones of course ;)
My oldest has been talking alot about watching the New Years Eve Ball drop, and since I don't QUITE think she'll make it up that late, I wanted to make some New Year's Eve Balls for us so she could still enjoy the glitter and glam of New Years!


The best part about this project was that I got almost all of the supplies at Walmart in their 75% off Christmas clearance! Gotta love a deal :)



I somehow forgot to include the styrafoam balls in the picture...they are only the most important part ;) But to decorate these cuties I used a garland of silver tinsel, black paint and glitter, and silver mini-bows.
My favorite ball was the glitter ball. I painted it black and while it was still wet dumped WAY too much silver glitter all over it :) Once it was dry I hot glued a white ribbon to the top so we could hang them up until tomorrow.



The tinsel ball was just as easy. I just hot glued it around and around til it had a full look that I liked. Then I trimmed a little bit of the fuller parts to make it more circular.


Finally the mini-bow ball! I just hot glued little bows all around the ball...pretty self-explanatory right?! :)
I absolutely LOVE how they turned out and think I will be making these in all different colors to decorate for Christmas next year! :)


Thanks for coming by today and I hope you and your family have a wonderful, SAFE, New Years!!
Linking up at

3 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate

These are so fantastic! I love them. And your comment at my place just made my day! Look forward to visiting each other lots in 2012!

Jessica Adams

These are so cute, Tonii! You are full of such wonderful, creative ideas!

P.S. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog yesterday. I feel so blessed to have you as a friend.

Lindsay

Can't wait to see how you celebrate! You always do such a great job! Love those cute little decorations!