PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.23.2011

Best seat in the house!

Are your kids as excited as mine for the new movie Cars 2?! Mine have been talking about it for weeks, and we were lucky enough to be invited to a special screening tomorrow night. They were SO excited I thought it would be fun to make something a little special with them. Disclaimer: I had this idea at 4 this morning while I was feeding Avrie, so I just made do with what I had...if I had more time these would been a lot cuter. However, with that disclaimer aside, my kids really don't care if they are not perfect and as you can see they just love them!


We thought it would be fun to watch the original Cars movie tonight to get the kids excited for tomorrow night. And wouldn't it be even more fun if they each had their own "Car" to sit in while they watched??




I whipped these babies up during naptime today and actually think they turned out pretty cute! I just used boxes we had in our basement, spray paint and white and black construction paper.




I printed out a large 9 and 5 for Mcqueen...plus a lightning bolt of course! :)


Mater was a last minute decision....ok....I ran our of red spray paint and the only other color I had was brown :) He is not my favorite but actually the kids got a huge kick out of him.



And here are my cuties in their sweet new rides!! They were SO excited when they came out from their rooms and saw them. So if you have some spare boxes laying around and some spraypaint make some for yourself!! The kids will love helping you and it will make just one more special memory for you and your kids! Thanks for stopping by!! :)



3 comments:

Hollie Hanson

Oh my word you are so friggin cute! I LOVE THESE!!!!
Super cute!!
I bet your kids are going to have so much fun seeing the new one!

PS- you, me, and our men, maybe kids... Drive in.

Ashley

ahhhhhhh i love this!!! you are so awesome! i bet your kiddos have so much fun all the time:)
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com

Unknown

You are so creative! This is such a fun idea! I will definitely have to try this. I love your blog, I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll stop by my blog some time.