PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.19.2012

Fruity Candy Corn Cups

 
Who loves Candy Corn?

Obviously we do at our house ;)  Yesterday we made Candy Corn Bath Salts, and today we had a yummy candy corn-themed treat to go with our fun craft I will show you next week :)

DISCLAIMER!!!

Have you ever had an idea, thought it was totally original, go ahead and execute it...and then happen to find yourself browsing Pinterest only to see your brilliant idea already done and pinned by a bunch of your friends?! 

Totally what happened to me with these fruit cups!  I was feeling so satisfied with myself, that I came up with something all on my lonesome...when I click on Pinterest and see at least 2 other awesome gals that had the exact same idea!  It made me laugh...we are all so inter-connected these days, sometimes it feels like there are NO original ideas anymore.  

Regardless, these are a yummy treat your kids will love...no matter who came up with them first ;)


All you need for this refreshing after school snack are pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges and some whipped cream.


I surprised my little guy with this today...and boy was he happy!  Usually he has quiet time while the big girls are at school and Avrie naps...today we had a little date eating our snacks and watching shows on my phone :)


It was a hit!!


I was excited to have a semi-healthy treat that will help combat ALL the chocolate and treats we will shorty be consuming ;)  


I feel like a broken record, but thank you so much for stopping by Blue Skies Ahead!  I have had so many sweet comments and emails lately, I am always a little surprised that anyone is even looking at our silly little ideas ;)  

Linking up HERE :)

3 comments:

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

That is a great idea! I love it! Much better for you than the real thing. Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!

Debra Hawkins

So cute! I think this is a snack my little one would LOVE! I love that is is healthier!

Unknown

Yum! And much healthier than candy corn :) Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!