PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.22.2012

Candy Corn Counting Activity

 I hope you're not sick of Candy Corns yet!! ;)

As much as I have been trying to do fun things with my kids lately, I have totally been slacking in the education department.  

I have REALLY missed teaching my kids and seeing their little faces light up when they learn something new.  I am still not feeling quite like myself, so any activity we do has to be simple, simple, simple!  We came up with a fun Candy Corn Counting Activity that was great and adaptable for 3 of my kids.

To get started you need to print out several large Candy Corns and laminate them.  If you can't laminate them you can just put them in page protectors.
  

All you need then is some Candy Corn candy and a dry erase marker!


For my cute little pre-schooler we worked on number recognition and counting.  I would write a number on the candy corn and my little guy would try and tell me what the number was.  Once we figured it out, he would count out that many candy corns and place them on top.  This was a great visual to reinforce counting...and a yummy treat too :)


For my Kindergartener I wanted to focus on simple addition and writing numbers.  I would put two piles of candy corns on the table.  Then she would add them together and write the number with a dry erase marker on the laminated Candy Corn.






Just in case you want to do this at home, you can print out these cute Candy Corns and enjoy some sweet counting with your little ones!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I am so excited for this week!  We have some great last-minute Halloween treats and activities and a wonderful guest post on Friday...make sure you come on back!!