PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.21.2013

Do drinks affect our teeth? A science experiment!

Hello everyone!  I was so excited to wrap up our week all about Dental Health with a fun science experiment perfect for your little ones!  For our experiment today we asked...

Does what we drink affect our teeth?

 
To find out all we did was get a few hard-boiled eggs, soda, milk and water!

The hard-boiled eggs represent our teeth...aren't they nice and white? ;)


Then I filled up 3 cups with milk, soda and water.


Before my daughter went to school this morning the kids each put their egg in one of the cups.  Then we made predictions about what we thought the eggs would look like.  Everyone was pretty sure the egg in the water would still be white, but they weren't sure about the soda or the milk.

After my kids got home from school this afternoon they could not WAIT to check the results of our experiment!


Up first was the milk.  The kids were so excited to see that the egg was still white...we drink a lot of milk at our house! ;)


Next we did the water, and everyone was happy to see they were right!  The egg came out sparkling white.


Finally we did the soda...and wouldn't you know we got a yucky brown egg!

Here is the soda egg compared to the water egg.... 



This was such a great visual for my kids to see how drinking soda and sugary drinks can affect our teeth!  No one wants teeth like that egg, right?!

After we finished our experiment we took it one step further and decided to see if we could get that soda egg white again!  The kids grabbed an old toothbrush and some toothpaste and went at it!



You can see in the picture below, we were able to get that egg white once again with some tender love and care :)  The kids were so excited, and it was great to explain that if you DO have some soda you just have to make sure you brush REALLY good after. 


Such a fun, simple experiment!

Hope you are ALL having a great week wherever you are...and make sure you keep coming back!  SO many fun things are coming up in the next few weeks.  Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Dr. Seuss' Birthday and so much more!  

7 comments:

Anonymous

Did you peel the eggs or not? I can't really tell for sure from the pictures.
Thanks!

Anonymous

The complete blogs are really inconceivable and definitely everyone will share this information. dentist in carrollton

Marilyn Navarro

Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2  recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 15 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr James herbal mix and his herbal exploit.  At least his treatment cured me completely. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same herpes virus or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Backache,ementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / LOTTERY.CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com/ +2348152855846 

rosesharon

Living with Herpes for the past six years,it has been hell to me and I have

tried all possible means to get cure but all in vain, luckily for me on this faithful day i was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on
Herpes, and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Edidia cured
them,so I contacted him based on the testimonies i have been seeing about

him on the internet, and behold friends,that was the end of the disease (Herpes) now i'm free no more pains, is just not enough to express what you have done for me,thanks to you....

You are indeed a light to those living with Herpes virus and may you remain

blessed for your good work... Dr Edidia have cure for any types of diseases,

Herpes HIV DIABETES CANCER Asthma STROKE INFERTILITY HEPATITIS B HEART DISEASE.   you can rich him now via ? Gmail address: dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349074505296.
  his website  https://dredidiaherbalhome.wixsite.com/dredidiaherbalhome    
 https://dr-edidia-herbal-home.business.site/ https://dredidiaherbalhome.simdif.com/
 visit facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Edidia-Herbal-Cure-105172711331669

blogs pages https://naturaltreatmentherpes.blogspot.com/ https://besherpestreatment.blogspot.com/ https://herbalproductforherpes.blogspot.com/

I,m rosesharon and you can get intouch with me via rosesharon915@gmail.com  also view website to know him.

lauriel keene
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauriel keene

Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV 1 an 2 is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatments which is not helpful to cure HSV and hasn't proved any sign of helping. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 16 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr oduku. Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Dr oduku natural herbs helped saved me from Genital herpes permanently and I’m so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful Herbalist Dr oduku by reaching him on whatsApp +2348124765093 also EMAIL: drodukuherbalhealingcentre@gmail.com

Dr Oduku is the best herbal doctor.
Here is my private e-mail laurielkeene159@gmail.com you can also get in touch with me.

Ruth Maris

All thanks to Dr Alli for curing my herpes virus/hpv with his herbal medicine, i do not have much to say but with all my life i will forever be grateful to him and God Almighty for using Dr Alli to reach me when i thought it was all over, today i am happy with my life again after the medical doctor have confirmed my HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS / HPV of 5 is gone,i have never in my life believed that HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS could be cured by herbal medicine. so i want to use this means to reach other persons who have this disease by testifying the power of Dr Alli that all hope is not lost yet, try and contact him by any means for any kind of disease with his email: ( Allispellhelp1@gmail.com ) or his whatsapp number +2348100772528 and get your healing