PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.20.2013

Spring Has Sprung Activity Jar!


Spring is in the air...and I am LOVING it!!

It is so wonderful to look out my window and see the sun shining and hear the birds chirping away, spring is definitely on its way.

I was feeling crafty, but since I couldn't go to the store to get supplies I was inspired by things I had on hand.  Not too long ago I got some really adorable spring washi tape from my most favorite Pick Your Plum.  I also received a pack of Jumbo Popsicle Sticks from the wonderful people at CraftProjectIdeas.com.  

Put these two together and I created our Spring Has Sprung Activity Jar!


First up I got out my Jumbo Popsicle Sticks.  These are a must-have for my craft stash...there is always something fun you can create with them.


I covered each stick in a strip of cute, springy washi tape.

 

Then on the back of each stick I wrote a fun spring-time activity my kids would enjoy.  Well, honestly they may not be thrilled about ALL of them...I did include a couple of spring cleaning chores too ;)


Then I simply put them all in a mason jar, set them on my counter, and enjoyed the little pop of SPRING!


But...I can never leave anything alone the way it is.  I remembered I had these mini-chalkboard clips in my stash and thought they would add the perfect finishing touch.


Activity Jars like this are a HUGE hit at our house!  Instead of turning on the TV or computer when your kids are bored, you let them pick a stick out of the activity jar.  They are excited to see what they get, and you get to spend some quality time with your littles...a definite win-win!!

Linking up to these fun parties HERE!

13 comments:

Jamy

So pretty and colorful! Love the simplicity. We do a 'bored board' in the summer, but I love this idea for spring break! Now to find some washi tape. It'll be a good excuse to buy it now that I have a concrete idea of what to use it for. ;)

Debra Hawkins

Love this! So Clever!

Unknown

This jar is such a wonderful idea! I love the paper you used to decorate your sticks too.

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate

LOVE this!! So fun! :o) Happy 1st day of Spring!! Woohoo :*)

Lindsay

Oh, now this is genius! I can already tell my kids are going to need ideas of things to do! I love all your Washi tape! It is very hard to find out here in PA. :) Good luck with the last little bit of your pregnancy!

Unknown

OH MY GOODNESS...I LOVE THIS!! And since I just got some washi tape from Pick Your Plum a couple weeks ago this is now a MUST on my list!! Thanks for the awesome idea.

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts

The washi tape Popsicle sticks look brilliant but you are right that the chalkboard clip absolutely finishes it off!

Unknown

Great ideas! Love how cute your jar looks, too! I might even like pulling weeds if the idea came from something adorable ;)

K

Really cute idea for a fun spring pop, and I love that you mixed in a few chores with the fun activities! Although, my daughter does love to help with the weeding. We need to get on that this year!

Your newest follower,
Buttons
The Hot Toddies of Washington

Christina at I Gotta Create!

Love this! The colors and patterns and ideas are so fun.

Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

Kelly @ IdealistMom.com

Not only is this a brilliant idea to have on hand for kids, but you've made it so adorable too! I just pinned it...definitely going to make one for our house! Thank you :)

Kelly @ IdealistMom.com

I just had to let you know I got a jar, popsicle sticks, and washi tape today! My 5yo girl and I are sitting on the couch brainstorming what to write on the sticks right now... :)

Unknown

Absolutely LOVE this idea! Just posted a "Survival Guide" for National Screen-Free week and I included a link to this as one of the ideas! So adorable and so fun! Thanks so much!

Ellie @ Creative Geekery

p.s. Would love for you to link it up at THE Pin It Party next week! Dets here: http://bit.ly/11AzbBK