We had an AMAZING conference weekend!
It probably wouldn't have looked that special to anyone else...but to me it was exactly what my spirit needed.
All day Saturday and Sunday, snuggled up with blankets, pillows and the people I love the very most. Dinner and dessert with extended family that I love dearly and count among my greatest blessings.
And OH the messages shared! I couldn't help but cry as I heard words over and over that felt like they were meant for me alone. I feel encouraged, inspired, repentant and renewed. I felt sad as President Monson closed the final Sunday session...I didn't want it to end! There were too many highlights to name them all, but some of the lessons I won't soon forget: (and I am TOTALLY paraphrasing here!:)
* When it comes to judging, holding on to grudges, envy and causing hurt....STOP IT.
* Look for every day moments to teach our children important gospel principles
* There IS a difference between the church and the gospel
* There is enough pain in life that will cause us misery...we don't need to go looking for it by being upset and envious anytime anyone has something GOOD happen in their life.
* Sacrifices are a beautiful thing. They refine us and our priorities...they are necessary to becoming the people we want to be.
And SO, so much more!!
I have already listened to a bunch of the talks again online, and cannot WAIT for my Ensign to come so I can really study and read the words again.
What a gift it is to have a living prophet on the earth. What a gift it is to KNOW of a loving Savior, His Atonement, and His Resurrection. My heart has been full these last few days. Full of gratitude, LOVE for my family, and a desire to be better.
So how about you?! Did everyone love conference as much as I did? And hey...if you aren't even quite sure what all this "conference" stuff I'm going ON and ON about is...check it out! :)
This was one of my favorite talks...I think it applies to everyone everywhere! :)
We will be back tomorrow with a fun, simple craft to do with your kids to get in the Easter spirit...and maybe some fun homemade Easter Basket filler ideas too!