PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.03.2011

General Conference "UN"Wrap-up Family Home Evening


Ok, the "UN"Wrap-up part will all make sense in a minute :)

For Fhe tomorrow I really wanted to focus on the messages we heard in conference this weekend. I don't know if your home is like mine, but no matter how hard I try its tough to get my kids to pay really good attention for that long (I mean, they are 5, 3, and 1!:) I wanted to make sure we focused on a few talks that had messages that my young ones could understand. Here is what I have come up with:







First we are going to say several times together the 6th Article of Faith. Feel free to copy and print off the printable I made for it...I laminated mine so we will have it for future use.

Then we are going to talk about how lucky we are to have a modern day Prophet that speaks with Heavenly Father and Jesus and then talks to us. Then we will talk about things we remember from conference and how Heavenly Father gives us little “gifts” of truth and knowledge when we listen to the prophets and apostles. ACTIVITY: In a basket we will have several items wrapped up in wrapping paper. These are items that represent different topics we heard about in General Conference. The kids will take turns unwrapping each gift one at a time and we will discuss who spoke about the topic and one or two key points they mentioned. These are the speakers, their topic, and what I am wrapping up.


President Monson / Temples / Picture of a Temple

President Eyring / Serving Others / Completed Hygiene Kits

Elder Scott / Love to spouse and children / Heart-shaped Box

Elder Pratt / Tithing / Tithing Slip and Envelope

Elder Perry / Keep the Sabbath Day Holy / Sunday Books and Activities


In with the packages that I wrapped I have included these cards below. They just have a small picture of the speaker and one line from their talk that summed up the topic or that I wanted the kids to hear again.



Get it?! General Conference "UN"Wrap-up?! Oh my goodness, I am such a dork :) But I hope you can use this idea and some of the printables to reinforce some of the WONDERFUL messages that we heard this weekend :)

4 comments:

Paul and Susan's NY Historic Sites Mission

Good grief, Tonii!!! Everything going on in your life just now and you have done this cute FHE and posted it? You are an amazing mom!!!!! I am very impressed. I am so happy that Paul found you and you found him.

WOW
Aunt Susan

Sarah

I stumbled across your blog the other day somehow and fell in love with your blog! I love all your ideas and so appreciate you sharing them! Tonight I used your FHE idea about General Conference for my 3 little children (ages 6, 4 and 2) and they loved it! Never have I had my kids attention for so long. I thank you for your time in helping others in so many ways

Sarah Mertz (Utah)

Jaime

Stumbled across your blog through pinterest I believe with the Conference socks. Definitely going to do that this year and I really hope you do another UnWrap it FHE after conference because I think it is a wonderful idea and I wanna copy it! lol I also wish there was a way to subscribe via email to your blog because I think it is absolutely FANTASTIC and want to get your posts in my inbox so I don't miss a thing! Thank you for all your time and materials you share!

Allison

Wow. I love your ideas. Thanks for helping me get my "creative juices" flowing for family General Conference traditions of our own. I really appreciate your willingness to share. What did I ever do before Pinterest...