PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.16.2011

Winter Week!

Hey strangers! :) Long time, no blog....I know. But seriously, do you remember how fun this blog used to be? Lots of fun activities with the kiddos, some organizational ideas, some pics of some really cute kids ;), and more?! I do! And I have missed it! We just got settled into our new home this week and I am feeling anxious to get back to my old ways...at least for the next few months until baby Avery joins our family and I fall off the face of the earth again :) Anyway, without any further ado, here are our plans for our theme for this upcoming week....Winter Week!

One of the most fun things that we did last year was messy and kind of yucky to clean up after, but seriously so fun! Since we can't have a real snowball fight we got out some bags of big marshmallows and went at it! We pulled out the couches so we could each hide behind one, and then I put mittens in the middle of the floor. The goal was to run out and grab as many mittens as you could without getting hit. If you got hit, you had to drop the mittens and start over. We played this forever, and Skylar was getting pretty good at throwing by the end :)

One idea I saw that would be SO fun as soon as we do get some snow is to fill up squirt bottles with colored water and let your kids paint the snow. I think this would also be a good way to work on letter recognition, write a huge letter on the snow and have them tell you the letter and the sound it makes.

Last year I found a cute little poem on http://www.dltk-kids.com/ about snowflakes. The direct link is http://www.dltk-holidays.com/winter/m5snowflakes.htm and you can print out 5 little snowflakes to go with it. We laminated them and put them on popsicle sticks so Skylar could act it out with me.

Finally I found two fun things to make on Family Fun. The first is (what else?) a cute snowman treat. Here is the direct link:http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50093

And this next one is a fun, simple craft all my kids will enjoy. http://www.blogger.com/%3Ca

1 comments:

Kendyll

I love your ideas Tonii! And how funny that you are naming your baby Avery also! I must say it is such a cute name... great minds think alike. Hope to see you again soon. And in case you couldn't find my blog before it's kendyllandbrad.blogspot